Saturday 17 April 2010

Last few weeks

My 2nd year at Greenwich is almost over, been highs and lows, learnt more about the people I already knew, got to know some new people. my friends have helped me along, helped me to stick with it when I felt like giving up.

Had a few fights along the way, not just in Uni, but in my life in general, one thing I'd pass onto other mature students doing a degree - dont end up having two lots of major surgery in your first year and definately dont start divorce proceedings in your 2nd year.

This year got me tested by the uni for dyslexia. Yes I am. I left school at 16 with my teachers saying I was lazy because I did well in lessons but never produced homework. thats followed me my entire working life, I'm glad testing now is much more advanced than it was twenty five years ago. its sort of liberating in a way to know actually I'm not an idiot because I cant spell or punctuate or remember for than a couple of lines of text at a time. that my verbal communication skills were almost off the scale.

I've not been comforatable doing this blog for my course and will probably delete it when it's finished but it has taught me not to look at new trends with suspicion because I'm frightened at my lack of knowledge. I like twitter and linkedin because of the networking possibilities, I use facebook and several chatrooms for areas of interest.

What the course has taught me is that the future in PR and Social Media isn't set within rigid lines and follows the organic thoughts of people rather than companies wishes, it can be guided but is very hard to control.

Signing out

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!!!
    well done

    I personaly think you are an example to follow

    ReplyDelete