Friday 9 March 2012

Qualitative or Quantitative ?

Erm...Well I'm a people person, not very good at maths so it should be easy to choose..shouldn't it? my dissertation question isn't refined, and the only sure thing I know about it is that its on social media and how it can influence peoples decisions to attend events, is this marketing or PR? "Too broad" I'm told by my lecturer. As I explained in my earlier blog in November my subject is a sensitive one and ethics are an issue. I'm no further decided than I was 3 months ago. So to break it down.

1. I have an area of study - Social Media
2. I have some relevant literature.
3. I have some relevant textbooks.
4. Will I get ethical approval ? probably not.
5. If not can I still use the literature on another area? yes
6. Do I just opt for the boring subject. not yet!!

This is all well and good but still doesn't answer what method to use!!!!

This going around in circles is thirsty work. I'm going to Starbucks to ask the other MA students if they are having the same problems, and if they aren't, maybe I'll become a Starbucks barista instead of doing PR.


No comments:

Post a Comment